The Pilot episode- Get to know us!


 What do we do?

Why form a community?   

As a Chemical Engineering student myself, one of the major hurdles I had to face was not having anyone to look up to, and mainly not knowing what this course even meant in college. Most of my relatives hail from an IT background, and they had no clue how they could provide me with any support. My future career choices were an intimidating thought to me as well. Approaching experts when I was barely an amateur was a very daunting aspect for me (it might still be, even now).

Although it was quite intimidating, what was obvious was the potential Chemical Engineering holds over most disciplines. Our versatility and the collaboration between most major fields of Engineering made it unique. And that is why, I decided to create this blog. I wanted to create a safe space for students out there, just like me. Moreover, I wanted to create a forum for like-minded people to share their thoughts, views, projects, and latest news in the world of Chemical Engineering- purely to make it a less daunting journey. Forming a community not only makes you feel a lot less "alone", but it makes you feel like you belong.

It would also help students network with each other as well as with established Engineers who have walked in our shoes before, while also staying up to date on the current happenings of the discipline around the World.

Hopefully this blog reaps fruitful for most of you, and I encourage all those who come across this blog to feel free to reach out to me if needed. Ultimately, we all just want the best for each other :)

Happy learning!

Comments

Popular Posts